Saturday, January 06, 2007

Weird weather

January? 60 degrees and rainy? Odd. But not unheard of. Still this is a record high for the day. Noticed that my chrysanthemums are growing again. One rather long stem of 3-4 inches and lots of shorter growth. I watered them yesterday. I figured, why not. This might be one of those winters that they manage to live through. I wonder if I bury the window boxes in the top of the compost heap if they'll stay warmer? An interesting experiment to try.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:30 AM

    Hello, you visited our blogsite - Emma and Adam's Aussie Wanderings- the other day and left a comment. Just wanted to say it was lovely to receive your comment and we are glad you have enjoyed reading about some of our travels. We have certainly had a great time travelling around our country- although very soon it will be time to return home and to the real world.
    Hopefully you will make it back to Australia soon to do some further travels.
    Meantime, all the best with your gardening- it must be hard managing the large climate changes you experience!
    Cheers,
    Emma.

    ReplyDelete